Thursday, November 18, 2010

The First Part Should Be The Hardest

As I awake this morning, my eyes were still closed, still feeling the weight of the blanket over my whole body and still feeling as if I just got home from a brawl. And as I try to contemplate the dreams I had that night, my bladder starts kicking in saying, 'Get up! or your gonna wet your bed!', I told my bladder just 5 minutes more, I'm just gonna snooze. My bladder politely agreed with what I said. But after a while someone beside me starts kicking and waking up my bladder again. 'Awww, man..'

When I was a child I seem to be good at having dreams, but not just dreams in my sleep, dreams in my waking moments, dreams that I could fly and do whatever I wanted to, dreams that i know are not achievable and also dreams that i know has already been achieved, and they where not just dreams, they we're big dreams, dreams you can never dream of dreaming, dreams you can never think would be possible even in your own dreams. But as an adult, I seem to have lost that ability. That for me is the reason why I try to recall my waking dreams even just those who are vivid, I might stumble upon an old dream that i had forgotten or was stolen from me. If you have a dream, then you have a goal. If you have a goal, you will never be lost. If you don't get lost, then you are sure to achieve that dream.

My father once told me in one of our drinking sessions, 'If you DREAM, you dream BIG, and in the event that you would not capture that dream, at least you will get the second best.' That is one of the lessons I keep in my heart that I have never forgotten, but as I grew I thought of something better. I thought of pursuing that dream and never giving up, I don't want the SECOND BEST, I want the BEST. And the best are only for those who really want it.

Waking up in the morning is very hard to do especially when it's purpose is outweighed by the fact that resting is better because at my efforts will not be in vain, 'No efforts, no Vain.' Thats is the reason why we get frustrated with our friends, our jobs, our home, our loved ones, and ourselves, everything seems to be in vain. Everyday seems to be an endless barrage of stones being thrown at you in every direction, and for what? That is because we get frustrated that every day nothing is happening, nothing happened in our past, nothing is happening in the present, and nothing will happen in the future, unless we get lucky that other people would notice us. That is also because we have lost the ability to dream, and because we have lost that ability, we also lost the ability to have a goal, and because we have lost the ability to have goal, we are bound to target things that are not really needs but wants, and therefore we are also bound get lost, and when we get lost then we will put our dreams to luck or in a more simpler term, in the hands of others. Well for me, I will never again put my dreams to luck or in the hands of other people, so long as I hold that dream in my hand and I have power in my mind.

So the first part we need to do is.. to dream. As the old saying goes, 'Libre ang mangarap. - Dreams are free.' So why not? Is it because of our mentality that anything FREE is also worth to Nothing? No, i don't think so. For me if something is FREE, then it only means that it is Priceless. And priceless things can't be bought by any amount of money or fortune. It can only be stolen. So if your dreams we're stolen any time in the past, it doesn't matter. All you need to do, is dream again. Anyway, It's FREE.

I was in my bed wondering who was kicking and waking up my bladder. And as I open my eyes someone look right through them and said, 'Daddy, wee wee.' Ouch, it was my son *with buray and tuyong laway on the side*. I then mustered all my power to get up and help him go 'wee wee' and start the day. I then realized that I already had the dream. And it looked straight into my eyes at the time when I was truly awake..

The first part should be the hardest. It's hard to wake up in the morning if you don't know what lies ahead, also it's very hard to dream because of the fact that there are many people around us who takes away our dreams, crush it even, most of them are even the closest people we have in our lives, but that is a given you cannot blame them for doing this because it is not their decision to make but yours, you can never get to where you want if you won't find the right path, and the right path is not pretty, I guess GOD designed it that way, because the BEST are only for those who really want it. Once you wake up or decide to pursue that dream, the rest will inevitably fall to it's place. So start by DREAMING.. and thats the hardest part. ^^

Because life is But a Dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment